Portable Water System
- Drain water from all freshwater system lines and pumps.
- Inspect pump impellers for wear and lightly lubricate with Teflon-based grease.
- Inspect hoses for signs of softening, cracking, bulging, leaks or pinholes and replace, if necessary, before filling lines.
- Inspect hose clamps and replace as necessary.
- Fill all plumbing system lines with non-toxic propylene glycol-based antifreeze.
- Before recommissioning your vessel, add water freshener/purifier tabs to the freshwater tank to remove residual odors and condition newly added water.
Marine Sanitation Systems
- Empty waste holding tank at an approved pumpout facility.
- Rinse holding tank thoroughly to remove residual waste.
- Pump antifreeze through bowl.
- Lubricate gaskets and seacocks.
- Check hoses for calcification and signs of wear. Replace damaged hoses if necessary.
- Wash out vented loops.
- Fill discharge and intake hoses with antifreeze.
- Add antifreeze to holding tank to prevent freezing of residual waste.
- Completely clean and drain bilge.
- Inspect and lubricate all seacocks.
- Clean out refrigerator, ice box, and freezer. Block door open and leave an open box of baking soda inside to absorb odors.
- Remove cushions and curtains to store ashore.
- Check and clean all storage compartments.
- Secure all hatches and ports.
- Place an appropriate number of dehumidifying devices or a thermostatically controlled heater in safe areas away from combustible materials.
- Check to make sure ventilators are operating properly.